Translate

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Gastropost Missions

Food missions for food lovers.  That is the tagline below the heading of the two-page section of the National Post known as Gastropost.  Every Saturday finds food pictures from all over social media as mission participants visit restaurants, or cook up a storm at home, to complete the current theme.  Wednesdays bring the mission and everyone has 1 week to take pictures and post them with the hashtag Gastropost.  The best pictures are featured in the paper.  

Past missions have included such things as Slammin' Sammiches, The Value of Pie and Beer vs Wine. Some are more difficult then others, but all encourage food creativity.  The whole idea to utilize the social media frenzy of food pictures as a section of the newspaper is really inventive.  Print media is always battling with the ease of the online world.  With blogs so plentiful and most people disinclined to read anything in paper format, I imagine it can be difficult to keep people interested in buying a paper.  Put a picture they took in there and I bet they will change their mind real quick.   

I found out about all this after Gastropost left a comment on one of my Instagram pictures to contact them if I was interested in taking part.  Curious, I emailed them to see what it was.  I have now signed on for the missions. Should be fun.  Please watch out for my pictures. Hopefully they make the cut!



G.


No comments:

Post a Comment