Translate

Friday, September 20, 2013

Good Food Box

Today I received my very first good food box.  I am proud to be supporting my local farmers.  The program, run by Foodshare Toronto, allows me to buy fresh, good quality produce, at a fraction of the cost. As someone who is watching both her wallet and what she eats, this couldn't be a more perfect fit for me.  

As I arrived at the pick up site,  I felt as if it was Christmas morning.  There sat a little green box, contents unknown, with my name on the lid.  It was just waiting to be opened. Each piece of produce pulled out of the box brought a smile to my face.  I wish everyone could be that happy when buying their fruit and veggies.  



My first box, priced at $24.00, was a small organic good food box. It included:

4 Apples
1 Avocado
1 Bunch Bananas {Fair Trade}
1 Large Cabbage
1 Bunch Kale
1 Bunch Red Leaf Lettuce
1 Red Onion
1 Green Pepper
1 lb Potatoes
.5 Basket Field Tomatoes
2 Heirloom Tomatoes

All of these items are organic and only two (the avocado & bananas) are not local produce. 

As of right now I am excited to eat all of this food and to try out the other boxes that are offered.  I'm sure next weeks present will be just as wonderful!


G.

No comments:

Post a Comment