Translate

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Current Obsessions {GGO}

Summer continues! I never really get tired of the warm weather and all that comes with it.  Particularly the August events that happen every year.  They play a starring role in my current obsessions.

1) Shark Week (it's a constant obsession). I will admit here that I've developed a wee love for sharks.   This year was one of the best shark weeks programming wise. Not only did Canada actually get the full week, but they added in some shows on more than just great whites and attacks.  Hopefully they will continue to bring a new variety of shark shows next year.
{Help! I have shark week on the brain}

2) BBQs.  What is summer without food grilled over a flame and friends to share it with?  Whether you have burgers or spider dogs, grilled pineapples or peaches the bbq adds a little extra magic to whatever you're cooking.
{Paleo burger & faux-tato salad}

3) Family Gatherings.  Every year we do a big weekend get-together with my Mums side of the family.  We compete in games, catch up and eat turkey cooked in a garbage can.  It's one of summers greatest highlights. 
{My team for the family games competition}

4) The Canadian National Exhibition. The food building alone is enough of a reason to go.  Add in the games, rides, shows and various other activities and it's a solid day of good times with friends.
{The view from above}
August has been kind to me, if only summer could last forever!



G.


No comments:

Post a Comment