Translate

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Getting Set For Snow

Apparently 'Snowmagheddon' is hitting the GTA tonight. Which brings me back to a question I'm always asking myself: how do I stay fashionable in a snow storm?

I know most people would say "It's a snow storm! Bundle up in as many layers as possible and hope to come out the other side unscathed. Don't worry about what you look like". But what if I want to come out the other side unscathed with my hair and mascara in tact? And maybe wearing a nice dress? This is my current method of approach (lets call it Plan A) :

Cute but comfortable dresses with leggings and tank tops underneath and a cardigan on top.



For extra layers that can be worn on top of my outfit then taken off upon arriving at my destination: Jeggings or Jeans & Oversized Cable Knit Sweaters



For my outerwear a Red Wool Coat (easier to find me in a snow storm), Leopard Print Scarf (for some added sass), Gloves, Knit Hats and Waterproof Snow Boots



Extra things to help me: Big Mittens that can fit over smaller gloves in case of deep freeze, Fashionable Boots to leave at work to change into, Weather Works hair products, purse friendly Portable Hair Straightener, Over Sized Sunglasses to help block the snow from my face and of course a make up bag for touch ups.



Hopefully this plan will be successful in keeping me perfectly coiffed no matter what. If not my Plan B is to call it a snow day and stay at home with a cup of hot chocolate. ^_^


G.


No comments:

Post a Comment