Translate

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Woe Is G

I had a bit of a face-mergency this week. The added stress of my injury has my face breaking out something awful and I decided to try out some new face products for acne prone sensitive skin...terrible idea! (Picture someone who has fallen asleep in the sun for hours without any form of sun protection on their face. Yup.)

When I was in high school, around grade 11, I developed make up allergies. My eyelids would sting, swell up and on occasion split open. Fact: walking around with scabs on your eyelids is not a confidence booster. As a make up junkie and music theatre student at the time, I felt betrayed by my skin. I ended up switching everything I used to hypo-allergenic products; which seemed to work for a while.

A few years ago, my skin started reacting to just about anything I would put on it. I went from a teenager with perfect looking skin to a twenty year old with acne and redness. Every time I applied make up, my face would react worse and worse until I gave up on wearing any. Then even my cleansers and lotions started flare ups. I learned that acne fighting products are too harsh for me and most 'sensitive skin' products are filled with all natural things like lavender and rosehip (known for their soothing properties) which I am very allergic to. Enter two different brands that would give me hope: Cover FX Make Up ( which I will save my praises for a different post) and Avène Face Products.

Normally I use a combination of Avène products which have very little ingredients and are designed for hypersensitive skin. Currently I am using the Cleanance Soap-Free Gel Cleanser for oily blemish prone sensitive skin, the Thermal Spring Water Soothing Serum for sensitive skin, and the Gentle Purifying Scrub.**



I have never had a negative reaction to any of their products that I've tried. Though recently I found that my normal face routine just hasn't been standing up to my acne. You would think, with all my past knowledge and my positive experience with my current cleansers, I would've gone and picked up some acne treatment from their line. Of course not! I decided I wanted to try something new positive that it would be all the answers to my face problems. Lets just say four days of a major face burn/rash/allergic reaction and many DUH moments later I am back to my tried and true brand.

Lesson learned.

*Please note that I am neither endorsing or recommending these or any other products I mention on here. They are simply what I like and what works for me.*

G.

No comments:

Post a Comment