Translate

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Let G Make Cake!

Birthday cakes! I make a lot of them for my friends and family.  It's always nice to present someone with a cake just for them on their special day.  I thought I would share with you some of the ones I've made over the past few months.

Cake number one is a Harry Potter themed cake for a friends 30th birthday.  Hogwarts was a marble cake batter baked in a Nordicware castle bundt pan.  Each turret had the individual house crests in them and the centre the Hogwarts crest and motto.  It sat on a chocolate slab cake that was decorated with trees and icing to represent the forrest and water.

The second cake is a candy cake.  A request from my neighbour as a surprise for her boyfriend.  This was two layers of rich chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.  Ladyfingers pressed around the sides and tied with a ribbon.  White chocolate wafers separated by smarties along the perimeter and mini m&m's for the writing.    

For my Dads birthday.  A simple layer cake with coconut whipped cream and strawberry puree.   A few chocolate shavings for garnish.


Lastly for my friends annual birthday dinner gathering a 10" Ricotta Cheesecake.  Almond meal crust and a light lemon flavour.  Served with chocolate and strawberry sauces on the side.


Looking forward to all of the cakes, birthday and otherwise, I will make in the new year.


G.


No comments:

Post a Comment