Translate

Monday, April 8, 2013

Current Obsessions GGO {Going Gaga Over}

Well I'm not going to lie, it's early April and life is throwing me curveballs {and I don't mean the kind on the baseball diamond}.  Being unemployed is STRESSFUL. I am trying to maintain a regular 8:00-5:00 work schedule where I must be a productive human being.  My 'work' day generally consists of job hunting, errand running, apartment cleaning  /organizing and trying to stay relatively sane while not spending money.  Man EVERYTHING costs money. I'd like to say money doesn't matter, but when you aren't making any...it matters. So far I am relatively calm, we will see what happens in a few weeks when my last cheques run out.

Meanwhile I am trying to focus on the positives of life, which leads me to the things I am currently obsessed with.

1) My Dehydrator - Kale chips, beef jerky, dried fruit and no added preservatives/unneeded ingredients - this little beauty is a gem of a kitchen appliance.  I haven't ventured too deep into all the things I can make, but I will.  Currently I just have a very cheap model with a few trays and no temperature control.  Eventually I'd like to upgrade to one of the fancier models, but for now I'm good.  Snack away.

2) Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo & Conditioner - I am slowly trying to switch over to a more natural beauty routine.  I have really sensitive skin that reacts badly to a lot of ingredients so I have to be careful.  I'm replacing everything one product at a time so I know how I react to everything.  After a failed attempt at going shampoo free {in which I gave myself a dry itchy flaky scalp with greasy hair} I wanted a gentle, sulphate free hair care routine. Also I didn't want to break the bank. After some searching I landed on the Organix Coconut Hair Care line.  Easily available at my local drug stores, affordable and made with simple ingredients.  It's light weight and leaves my hair soft, manageable and smelling divine! Seriously this stuff smells so good that sometimes I find myself sitting around sniffing my hair. Love it!




3) Coconut Anything - While I'm on the subject of coconut, who knew how awesome and diverse it was?  Before going Paleo, coconut was on my short list of things I hated!  How could I have ever loathed such a wonderful food? Be it coconut milk or water, shredded or flaked, oil or butter - I now LOVE all things coconut. I officially retract any past statements condemning you fair coconut. I was wrong and you were right - let's be friends forever.





4) MLB TV - You didn't think I could talk about obsessions in April and leave out baseball did you?  Purchased before money became tight, this is my first season with a subscription to MLB TV. I am already stretching my Fella's patience with the amount of baseball games I am watching {3 games a day isn't too bad right?}. Now part of this is due to the fact that I am home so much now, mixed with the subscription.  He is used to only having to suffer through watching all of the Blue Jays games and an occasional extra game here and there. But now with this wonderful new world of baseball-viewing heaven opened up before me...I simply can't resist.  I will just have to soothe his anti-sports nature with more baked goods, because baseball is not going anywhere.




5) Banana 'Ice Cream' - Once again leave it to Pintrest to provide me with new and addicting dessert options.  If you have yet to freeze some bananas and puree them into a smooth delicious treat please do so immediately.  Don't be afraid to drop a spoonful of almond butter and cocoa powder into the mix either.  Your taste buds will thank you.





Happy April!




G.

{As usual any opinions on products, recipes, etc mentioned here are solely mine and are no way affiliated with any companies.  I'm not an expert, just a girl sharing the stuff I love}











No comments:

Post a Comment