Translate

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Going Places On A Budget

Countdown to Universal has begun! In two weeks The Boy and I will be headed on a much anticipated trip to Florida.  We will be spending a full week traversing the many Universal parks and embracing the kid-like wonderment inside.  This trip was my present to him for his 30th birthday back in January, so needless to say, the buildup has been torture.  It will be his first time on a plane as well as our first real vacation together as a couple.  We are very excited.

When I initially purchased this non refundable trip (hotel, airfare and all access passes) I was gainfully employed and looking for a suitably awesome gift for a milestone birthday.  Now as the date approaches we find ourselves in a bit of a financial pickle, which adds a level of stress to our vacation plans.  Since everything else is already paid for, our main expenses will solely be food.  Luck would have it I had been squirrelling away some cash over the last few months so we will be attempting to spend a week at Universal on a $600 cash budget.

I am well aware that nothing is cheap at theme parks.  Add to this my dietary restrictions and there is a recipe for nervous making feelings. However, I am determined that we will stick as close to our budget as possible, while getting our necessary nutrients and have fun as well. I am already plotting out all the possible cheap places to eat as well as closest grocery stores to our hotel.


Wish us luck!!



G.

No comments:

Post a Comment